Friday, November 6, 2009

The Summer of 65

A long time ago, I met a girl in my high school years who became the object of my first serious crush. Being young and unsure of myself, I let her go without revealing my "true" feelings about her. That's always been a regret. I have never forgotten her and you can imagine that I was very happy to find her somewhat accidentally 35 years later on the internet. A miracle of sorts in itself. We reconnected via email.

Her life and mine has taken many a twist and turn over that time, but I found that we still had much in common after so much time. Somewhat surprising but not really. More than I knew than, we shared a lot in common in that brief time and in our lives to follow.

This story does not end badly where someone falls in love with a 17-year-old who no longer exists and runs off leaving current life and family, I have heard of such stories. There is more than a little something about capturing your youth through your memories of days long gone.

This is a story about realistically connecting to days gone by in a life-enhancing way. She helped me through a very difficult period in my life and helped introduce me to my new life -- a very happy one.

One of my favorite all time songs that bring her to mind whenever I hear it. God bless her and her family and may He keep her in His bosom.


Chad and Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment